Thursday, February 16, 2012

steam1
steam2
steam3

While I have an intense interest in fabric as sculpture/art I will be the first to admit I am NOT a seamstress and my talent with making clothes is pretty rudimentary. So that means it's easier to go to a second-hand store, FIND a piece of clothing and modify it like so.
This, in it's previous life, was a band uniform jacket (tags still inside) but the cut of it fits Steampunk very well. I have added the details; trim and lace but that's it.
Not sure what else I can do to it, I don't want to overload it with details and I've done what I wanted which was to make it look a little more military and add some lace for femininity. I have some brooches along the steampunk line to add but that's about it.
I wonder if that's an idea to make money; find clothing to alter and sell it on Etsy? Well, something to consider for the future.
When I own a tophat I'll take photos of the full outfit.

No comments: