Sunday, January 30, 2011


In Progress

steam1
steam2
steam3
steam4
steam5

A collage I've been working on for the last week or so with a Steam theme. Gathered here are materials that I've pocketed over the years, odds n' ends and scrapbook materials (the Steampunk lady is something you can probably find at a scrapbook store). Not done by any means; there are small things I would like to add but mostly done. I can say that for a first attempt it's not too bad but I have this niggling feeling that I could do better so I'll make another one (I have one more Steampunk lady cutout). The alter piece itself was fun; I gessoed and painted it with hooker green acrylic then took a stamp and gold acrylic and made the pattern on the front. THEN I glued rusted (but sealed with mod pod) hardware on the front and completed it with some nice ribbon.

No comments: