Monday, January 24, 2011


Eat My Heart

valen1
valent2

I may or may have not written last year about a local Valentine Auction for the University's art gallery BUT it's that time of year again. I'm really on the fence on this one. I really loved the idea of taking an old Valentine candy box and doing something like this with it. However, I didn't forsee all the problems I was going to have with it. The cardboard is, of course, really cheap and not all that sturdy so when I covered the front with glue/red card stock it had trouble adhering. The plastic cover over the window for whatever reason popped out (it may have had something to do with me dropping it, who knows?) AFTER I had glued everything in place so if you look really closely you can see where I tried to re-hot glue it and it didn't work out too well (but only if you look really closely at it). The damned trim around the window was a PAIN IN MY ASS. No glue was working with the paper!! Possibly because part of the trim is made out of wire so I ended up hot glueing it and made a tiny mess of things on the top part. So all in all I would like to auction it but then I feel like I could make a better one (but not in a heart shape because I only had one box) then I think I don't want to go through all that trouble again so it will probably go into the show. Will take pictures later in Febuary.

No comments: