Thursday, July 01, 2010


Pachinko



Ever since I was a youngin' I've had a list of things I wanted to own. Up on the top spot (next to a M4 Sherman Tank covered in rhinestones and Matthew Bellamy living in my basement) was a vintage Pachinko machine. Long were the years I saw them in antique shops and even thrift stores but always out of my price range. Until YESTERDAY!



From the information I've found about Pachinko I believe mine is dated from the late 1960's to the early 1970's. Nishijin is one of the major and oldest makers of Pachinko machines.



Granted, there are condition issues with mine - the front tray is partially broken, the little silver balls are gone ect. ect. but that accounts for the super cheap price I got it for and seriously WHO CARES!! I own a Pachinko machine!



Still haven't decided where in the house it will be displayed (and its in desperate need of cleaning, anyway).

2 comments:

shewalkssoftly.com said...

Loving your blog as always...just left a bunch of comment replies for you on my blog (I've been a little slow in responding). I don't know if my comment notification system is working, but I've been getting back to you!

M. Jewett said...

:D comments! I love comments. and I adore your blog! Its like a great big museum of the strange and awesome